- DataVeil runs as a Java client application.
- It can be run with a Graphical User Interface or as a batch job from the command line.
- DataVeil can be installed on the same computer as the database to be masked (preferred) or on a workstation across a network.
- DataVeil connects to databases using JDBC.
- The processing overhead of the DataVeil client is minimal. Most of the masking work is done by the DBMS.
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.8.
- Operating system: Linux, Unix or Windows (desktop and server editions)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or later
- Microsoft Azure SQL Database
- MySQL 5.6 or later
- Oracle 10g or later